Thursday, January 24, 2008

About me...


The idea of travelling never occured to me as something feasible because I thought of it as a luxury, pasttime for the rich and famous, an expensive activity, or even a waste of our precious time spent long hours of travelling sitting on a bus eight to ten hours or even longer. Not until a a decade ago.

The first time I took a plane was in 1998, when I went to Davao City. I was really very excited to finally know how it feels to be in an airplane and experience to fly amidst the clouds and see the world in a bird's eyeview. The first time I stepped foot in Davao, I became fascinated with the place, the people, and, by large, the entire community. I never thought that would be the start of an addicting habit - travelling, that is.

Since then I make it a point to travel at least once a year. And most of the time, alone.

By travelling around the Philippines I developed the ability to communicate and connect harmoniously with the people with various cultures, provide means to influence and impart knowledge to make meaningful contributions as I continuously learn about the technology, the culture, the language, and the entity by the way they live.

I created this blogspot to be able to share my travel experiences in different places, people, and situations. I hope that everyone, whether a traveller like me or not, Filipinos and foreigners alike, would be able to learn and realize the rewards of being able to explore our country and see for themselves the wonders of the Philippines.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails