Friday, September 30, 2011

CAGBALETE ISLAND - Beaching On A Rainy Season

I am not, and will never be a beach person. Ask me to go to the beach any summer and I will certainly think a thousand times first before I say yes. But without any hesitation I miraculously agreed to go with a friend when he invited me to visit one of the less frequented vacation spot in the country - the Cagbelete Island - on a rainy season.

Being off the beaten track, we had to exert quite an amount of effort before we finally reached the island. To get there, it's a four-hour ride to Lucena from Manila plus another hour non-aircon bus ride to Mauban, Quezon. Next, an hour or less boat ride from Mauban Port to reach Sabang Port in Cagbalete plus a 20-minute trail hike to the remote and naturally beautiful Villa Cleofas Resort.

Beaching in Cagbalete on a rainy season was truly a unique experience - exactly my definition of a perfect getaway from the hassles of busy city life. The island was like our own piece of paradise, gifted with fine, powder-white sand, peaceful and quiet except for the relaxing sound of the waves - definitely a perfect place for nature lovers like me.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails