Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lakbay Loyd Recall - MASBATE In Pictures

It was May 2009, out on my usual Legaspi City trip, I decided to gather some information from the net on how to get to Masbate for another off-the-beaten-path adventure. Simple. I took a van to Port of Pilar in Sorsogon Province. From there I jumped on a ferry which will take me to Masbate.

Masbate Island is a cattle county. It is well known for its week long rodeo competition held each year in the last week in June. Beside cattle, Masbate is also known for its beautiful beaches lined with coral reefs, perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving. There are some great waterfalls to visit and the province also has some of the best spring water around.

I only spent a day and a night in the province so I wasn't able to see these great attractions. But I was able to learn some history and add a stamp on my travel map.

















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails